4 Child Support Tips
Do you have questions about child support and need legal help? Read these 4 child support tips, then contact our New Jersey attorneys today.
1. How is Child Support Calculated?
- New Jersey has their own guidelines for child support calculations.
- If one of the parties makes over $3500 a week, the guidelines are not fully followed
2. Modifying Child Support
- You can request a modification of child support by reasons of sickness, unemployment, or educational reasons.
3. Waiving Child Support
- You can not waive child support, unless one parent chooses not to file for support.
4. Not Paying Court Ordered Child Support
- If you do not pay your child support, you will have a warrant placed out for your arrest and you can be kept in jail until fully paid.
- Your passport will be revoked if you stop paying child support.
- You can lose your driver’s license if you do not pay your court ordered child support.
Are you not paying, or maybe not receiving your court ordered child support and have questions about our 4 child support tips? Contact experienced New Jersey Child Support Attorney Brian Freeman for strong legal help.
Like us on Facebook