The Nitty Gritty of Your Child Support Case
Are you going through a divorce and have questions about the nitty gritty of your child support case? Contact our New Jersey attorneys.
How Child Support is Calculated
- New Jersey has their own guidelines for child support calculations.
- If one of the parties makes over $3500 a week, the guidelines are not fully followed
Modifying a Child Support Order
- You can request a modification of child support by reasons of sickness, unemployment, or educational reasons.
Waiving Child Support
- You can not waive child support, unless one parent chooses not to file for support.
Not Paying Court Ordered Child Support
- If you do not pay your child support, you will have a warrant placed out for your arrest and you can be kept in jail until fully paid.
- Your passport will be revoked if you stop paying child support.
- You can lose your driver’s license if you do not pay your court ordered child support.
Are you not paying, or maybe not receiving your court ordered child support? After checking out the nitty gritty of your child support case, contact our experienced New Jersey Child Support Attorney Brian Freeman for strong legal help.