What To Do When Determining Alimony
If you have questions about what to do when determining alimony, read this article for guidance. Call our New Jersey lawyers to get started.
Calculating Alimony Payments
- There is no specific calculation or formula for alimony.
- The judge will take a 1/4-1/3 of the difference between the parties incomes as a starting basis for alimony.
Automatically Entitled to Alimony
- Alimony is dependent on the income of each of the parties.
- Having young children in a marriage will greatly influence Alimony.
- Every case can be different in regards to Alimony.
Court Ordered Alimony Payments
- The receiving spouse is required to file a motion that with enforce payment.
- The non paying party could be placed in jail, or have their driver’s license suspended for failure to pay.
Download Our Free Divorce Guide
If you have questions about what to do when determining alimony, contact our experienced New Jersey Family Law Attorney Brian Freeman for strong legal help and to assist you.
Like us on Facebook