3 Options for Children During Divorce

3 Options for Children During Divorce

If you and your spouse are seeking separation, you may be concerned about how this will impact your family. There are 3 options for children during divorce that will help keep stress to a minimum. Here is what you should know.

3 Options for Children During Divorce | Mediation

I am often asked as a New Jersey divorce attorney, what will happen to the children during the divorce process. You and your spouse are often best suited to know your children the best, and know what is best for them. Mediation is a good choice when it comes to divorce and children. You will want to provide the children with the most stability possible during the divorce process.

3 Options for Children During Divorce | Child Custody

As a New Jersey child custody lawyer, clients often come to me and ask how they can create the best child custody arrangement for their family. Parents generally begin by considering how they will share legal and physical custody of their children. One parent may be designated the parent of primary residence. The other parent is then referred to as the parent of alternate residence.

Contention arises when both parents hope to be the parent of primary residence, and many factors can affect the potential success of a 50/50 custody arrangement. If a 50/50 arrangement is not suitable for your family, one parent may be the primary parent, and the parent of alternate residence may have a specified parenting time schedule.

Download Our FREE Child Custody Guide

3 Options for Children During Divorce | Keep the Children’s Best Interest in Mind

There’s no cookie cutter approach to custody. The real question is, “What’s in the best interest of the children?” Ideally, parents can build plans that truly focus on the children. Because parents are generally best equipped to make this determination, they should do their best to focus on what’s best for the child or children.

If you are seeking divorce and want to know the best options for children during divorce, contact our office today.