I am asked many questions as an experienced New Jersey Child Support Lawyer. Check out these 4 child support facts for more information and contact us for a free case review.
The 4 child support facts with further explanations are listed below:
1) Child Support Calculations
- New Jersey has their own guidelines for child support calculations.
- If one of the parties makes over $3500 a week, the guidelines are not fully followed
2) Modifying Child Support
- You can request a modification of child support by reasons of sickness, unemployment, or educational reasons.
3) Waiving Child Support
- You can not waive child support, unless one parent chooses not to file for support.
4) Not Paying Court Ordered Child Support
- If you do not pay your child support, you will have a warrant placed out for your arrest and you can be kept in jail until fully paid.
- Your passport will be revoked if you stop paying child support.
- You can lose your driver’s license if you do not pay your court ordered child support.